Friday, March 7, 2008
My cruise
We've been home for a week now and I am finally getting around to posting some pictures. In my defense.... the last day of our trip I starting getting sick and when we got home my cold hit me pretty hard! Plus with work and Mikayla with school.... well it doesn't leave a lot of time for playing on the internet. For those of you who don't know.... my mom earned this trip through her work and I was fortunate enough to join her. Usually my dad goes but he gets motion sickness and didn't think he would be able to handle the ship. I was really starting to doubt him until the last day when we were at sea all day and half of our group didn't make it to dinner because they were sea sick. He wouldn't have made it! Sorry dad :(. My mom and I had a really wonderful time we slept in, toured the islands, played on the beach, shopped, relaxed on our veranda and ate great food. It was amazing! I would have to say the only downfall to my trip was not getting my luggage (a mess up with the airlines) until the 2nd to last day of our trip. I had nothing to wear but the clothes I came in! That's why in the pictures you will notice me in the same couple of shirts and pants that I managed to put together. It sucks to go on a cruise and not have any nice clothes to wear to dinner. I didn't really want to spend a lot of money buying things on the islands because my luggage had almost all brand new clothes in it that I bought for my trip. So I apologize for the same outfit but I did take full advantage of the laundry service on the ship (free of charge of course)! I would mention what all the airlines and the cruise ship gave me to help compensate for my lost luggage but they didn't give much at all just a couple of celebrity t-shirts, which you will notice I am wearing in some of the pictures and they also gave me a comb, toothbrush and toothpaste. Honestly it was such a downer to not have my stuff but for those of you who know me you know I just dealt with it and didn't let it ruin my vacation.
Thanks mom for letting me come with you. We had a wonderful time and made some great memories together. You are an amazing person and although you are going through a lot right now..... have faith and trust that things will work out for the best. I love you!
Posted by
Audmann
at
11:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That's a bummer about your lost luggage. I'm glad you had fun anyway. How nice to get a break and just relax and play with your mom!
You Two look amazing I muct say. I see you guys keep losing weight!!!
NOT fair.... How much fun I so want to do that since I really didn't get a honeymoon. I hope things get better for your mom at her job. All the pictures look great. I love the hawian dress!!!
Love the pictures! It looks like you two had a blast even with the luggage situation. I so wish I could go someplace tropical right now. A vacation anywhere would be great...other than Nevada or Utah. Love you all up there but that doesn't qualify as getting away. Oh well. I guess Vegas will have to do for now.
Looks like you guys had a great time. Love the Tan! Even though they lost your luggage it doesn't look like is slowed you down. What a neat opportunity to travel like that with your mom. You made memories that will last a lifetime.
The slide show turned out great. You guys looked like you had a blast. Seeing the pictures of Aruba makes me want to go back. I'm so glad you guys are home though, we missed you both.
Post a Comment